SALT LAKE COUNTY:
General adult classes are offered by Vicki Overfelt two times per year in the beauty of Red Butte Gardens. Class size limited to 23. CEUs approved by NASW for these courses.
FALL 2014 COURSE: Mondays, August 25th – Monday, October 20th from 6:45 pm – 9:00 pm and Saturday, October 11th from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Cost is $235 for members of Red Butte Gardens and $250 for non-members. If interested in this course, please send an email to Vicki at email@example.com and your name will be put on a list to be notified as soon as registration is available.
Summer Evening Mindfulness Pratice: Open to anyone who has completed the MBSR course or has a mindfulness/meditation practice. These classes will be held sporadically due to a busy garden season, so be sure to mark your calendars well!
- Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 on the following dates: May 27, July 22, August 5 and 19.
Attendance is free for Red Butte Gardens members. Non-members will be invited to pay a discounted garden admission price. (I have guest passes available. If you would like to use one, please give me a call.)
MBSR Refreshers: Open only to those who have taken the MBSR course. Saturday, June 7th and July 19th from 9:00-noon. The topics for these refreshers is in progress and will be posted here closer to the dates. If you would like to attend, please reserve your spot by sending an email to Vicki at firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggested donation is $20. (No one will be turned away for lack of funds.)
DAVIS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, FALL 2014 COURSE: MBSR instructors Jacob Hess and Debi Todd are offering a standard MBSR course beginning Thursday, September 11 – and running through November 8. For more information, please contact Debi at email@example.com or Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simultaneous with the adult fall class, a mindfulness class specific for teenagers (ages 13-18), will also begin September 11th. The class will be taught by Vicki Overfelt. This “Cool Minds” course is an adolescent adaptation of MBSR, both of which were developed by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts. This class will be offered both fall and winter (February – March 2015), as a part of a research study. For information about enrollment, contact Jacob at email@example.com.
Intermountain McKay-Dee Hospital Center: MBSR instructor Valerie Bentley is offering ongoing MBSR courses. For more information, please contact Valerie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our MBSR resources in the Wasatch Front are growing! For a list of teachers, please refer to the “Instructor” tab on this website. Here’s a list of teachers and the organizations/areas we’re associated with:
- Vicki Overfelt, MA (email@example.com): Salt Lake County, Davis County, Davis Behavioral Health, the College of Nursing at the University of Utah, Primary Children’s Medical Center; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valerie Bentley, PhD (email@example.com): Davis County, McKay-Dee Behavioral Health Institute Center for Counseling and Therpeutic Services
- Allison Zdunich (firstname.lastname@example.org): Salt Lake and Summit County
- Debi Todd (email@example.com): Davis County, Davis Behavioral Health
- Jacob Hess, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org): Davis County, Davis Behavioral Health, All of Life
- DeeDee Fedorchak, CNM: Intermountain Healthcare, click here for contact information.