SALT LAKE COUNTY:
General adult classes are offered by Vicki Overfelt two times per year in the beauty of Red Butte Gardens. Class size limited to 23. CEUs approved by NASW for these courses.
WINTER 2015 MBSR COURSE:
This course will be held on Mondays, beginning February 2nd with an orientation and continuing through March 30th. The all-day session will be held on Sunday, March 21st. Please note that the third class will be held on Tuesday February 17th due to the Presidents’ Day weekend. To be added to the wait list, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Weekly mindfulness practice Tuesday evenings from 7:15-8:30 at the Mindful Yoga Collective! The Collective is located at 223 South 700 East in Salt Lake City. Suggested donation is $10 – any amount is welcome! During this session, we’ll practice together and leave time for a reading and any questions regarding practice. (Note: The collective is in the same building at Great Basin Chiropractics. The studio is on the east side of the building. There is a class that ends at 7:00. Please don’t enter until the class has ended.)
- MBSR Refreshers: Please stayed tuned as there are several in the works!
DAVIS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, WINTER 2015 COURSE: MBSR instructors Jacob Hess and Debi Todd are offering a standard MBSR course beginning Thursday, January 15th (6:30-9:00) and every Thursday night after for 8 weeks. That class ends in March – with the orientation taking place January 8. For more information, check out the registration page and flyer here. You’re also welcome to contact Debi at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jacob at email@example.com.
TEENAGE MBSR – WINTER AND SPRING: An MBSR class adapted for teenagers (ages 13-18), will be running concurrent to the Winter class – also starting January 15th (4:00-5:30). This “Cool Minds” course is an adolescent adaptation of MBSR, both of which were developed by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts. For information about enrollment, contact Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL 2014 COURSE: : MBSR instructor Valerie Bentley is offering a winter course beginning January 14th at 6:30. The class will take place at Intermountain McKay-Dee Hospital Center in Ogden, 4387 Harrison Blvd., Suite C-4. For further information or to register, click here. With other questions, you re welcome to call Valerie at 801 387-4912 or Bonnie Hall 801 387-5525.
Our MBSR resources in the Wasatch Front are growing! For a list of teachers, please refer to the “Instructor” tab on this website. Here’s a list of teachers and the organizations/areas we’re associated with:
- Vicki Overfelt, MA (email@example.com): Salt Lake County, Davis County, Davis Behavioral Health, the College of Nursing at the University of Utah, Primary Children’s Medical Center; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valerie Bentley, PhD (email@example.com): Davis County, McKay-Dee Behavioral Health Institute Center for Counseling and Therpeutic Services
- Allison Zdunich (firstname.lastname@example.org): Salt Lake and Summit County
- Debi Todd (email@example.com): Davis County, Davis Behavioral Health
- Jacob Hess, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org): Davis County, Davis Behavioral Health, All of Life
- DeeDee Fedorchak, CNM: Intermountain Healthcare, click here for contact information.