SALT LAKE COUNTY:
General adult classes are offered by Vicki Overfelt two times per year in the beauty of Red Butte Gardens. Class size limited to 25. CEUs approved by NASW for these courses.
FALL 2014 COURSE: This course is now full. Registration for the winter course will begin on January 15th and will be available online at www.redbuttegarden.org. Please feel free to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Stay tuned for fall and winter refreshers! If you have taken the MBSR course and would like to participate in the all-day sessions on either Saturday, October 11th or Sunday, October 12th, please contact Vicki at email@example.com.
DAVIS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, WINTER 2014 COURSE: MBSR instructors Jacob Hess and Debi Todd are offering a standard MBSR course beginning Thursday, November 13 and every Thursday night after for 8 weeks – excepting Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. That class ends in January – with the orientation taking place November 6. For more information, check out the registration page and flyer here. You’re also welcome to contact Debi at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jacob at email@example.com.
SPRING 2015 COURSE: The spring course begins February 5th and every Thursday night afterward for 8 weeks – with an orientation January 29th.
TEENAGE MBSR – WINTER AND SPRING: An MBSR class adapted for teenagers (ages 13-18), will also be running concurrent to the Winter and Spring classes. This “Cool Minds” course is an adolescent adaptation of MBSR, both of which were developed by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts. This class will be offered both fall and winter (February – March 2015), as a part of a research study. For information about enrollment, contact Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL 2014 COURSE: : MBSR instructor Valerie Bentley is offering a fall course beginning September 17th. The class will take place at Intermountain McKay-Dee Hospital Center in Ogden, 4387 Harrison Blvd., Suite C-4. For further information or to register, please call Valerie at 801 387-4912 or Bonnie Hall 801 387-5525.
Our MBSR resources in the Wasatch Front are growing! For a list of teachers, please refer to the “Instructor” tab on this website. Here’s a list of teachers and the organizations/areas we’re associated with:
- Vicki Overfelt, MA (email@example.com): Salt Lake County, Davis County, Davis Behavioral Health, the College of Nursing at the University of Utah, Primary Children’s Medical Center; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valerie Bentley, PhD (email@example.com): Davis County, McKay-Dee Behavioral Health Institute Center for Counseling and Therpeutic Services
- Allison Zdunich (firstname.lastname@example.org): Salt Lake and Summit County
- Debi Todd (email@example.com): Davis County, Davis Behavioral Health
- Jacob Hess, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org): Davis County, Davis Behavioral Health, All of Life
- DeeDee Fedorchak, CNM: Intermountain Healthcare, click here for contact information.